A relatively young organisation, the Seed Co-operative is run by a small and dedicated, friendly and proactive team who cover a broad range of tasks in their roles. Being a Seed Cooperative our tasks naturally change with the seasons which keeps us on our toes! The success of the cooperative is completely reliant on people working together to achieve great things. Team members work hard to support each other in day to day tasks and are flexible and proactive, picking up work where needed when priorities change.
The Seed Cooperative is at an exciting and crucial point in its young history. With a growing need for efficiency to support customer demand, and with internal projects in progress to support it, the cooperative is now on the lookout for new team members to join us on this challenging and rewarding journey.
Seed Shop Manager – CLOSED to applications. We have filled this position now.
Seed Steward (starting in early spring 2019) – please register your interest NOW; we are looking for a grower with tractor and machinery experience to lead our field cropping and seed processing work. Details will be sent to those interested as soon as the application process opens.
Seed Shop Manager – Job description
As Seed Shop Manager you will be responsible to the Managing Director and your duties and responsibilities will involve managing the following:-
- processing orders: via web shop, phone, email and post; from gardeners, retailers and growers;
- maintaining the web shop, web site and contributing to the smooth operation of IT systems;
- stock level management: seeds, packaging and consumables;
- seed packet production: printing and packing, gardeners and growers packs;
- book-keeping: data entry and reconciliations;
- sales communications; customer enquiries and feedback, social media promotion, and contributions to newsletters
- record maintenance: ensuring all requirements of our certification body and seed licensing are met, in addition to any legal or regulatory requirements
- catalogue generation, packet pricing and sales promotions; also slowly expanding the range of products we offer for sale
- events organising
All tasks will involve working with other members of the team; at times you will need to assist in areas co-ordinated by others, these may include:
- assisting with seed processing and testing
- glasshouse and field crop management tasks
- supervising the work of volunteers
- ordering horticultural supplies and spare parts for machinery and infrastructure
- providing support and sales stall during events at Gosberton Bank Nursery
A team player. Generous of spirit, with a co-operative open nature, wanting to share skills and knowledge. Someone who enjoys learning new skills; with a hunger for knowledge. Creative and passionate about making a difference towards a better world through their work.
Essential skills & experience
- Establishing and maintaining efficient administration systems
- Capable of administering IT systems including small networks.
- Good experience of computer operation including word processing, spreadsheets and databases, and peripherals such as printers and scanners.
Desirable skills and experience
- practical experience of gardening, particularly of vegetables
- knowledge of varieties of vegetables, herbs and flowers
- passionate about good food
- understanding of sustainability and environmental issues, particularly around food and farming
- knowledge of organic horticultural practices; why they are important and how they are implemented
To APPLY or REGISTER INTEREST
Seed Shop Manager
To apply please email a copy of your CV along with covering text that includes what you are looking for in your work, and what interests you in working at the Seed Co-operative. Thank you.
Please email to register your interest. We will get back you when full details are available and applications are open. Thank you.